We are pleased to announce the draft programme for Bridges 2019. For 26 years, the Bridges conference has driven technical knowledge, debate and discussion at the heart of Europe's bridge community. Take advantage of the Early Booking Discount savings and register today.
The 2019 conference will deliver up-to-date information through a number of technical sessions and case studies. The annual event brings together some of the sharpest minds in the bridge sector to debate and discuss all the latest challenges and opportunities for bridge engineers and managers.
With recent shocking events in the bridge industry, the issues of safety and the importance of effective inspection and maintenance regimes are high on the agenda, alongside a timely consideration of the impact that new developments in data management and machine learning are likely to have on the industry in the near future. An independently-curated session on innovation in bridge management will provide a showcase for new technologies in the industry, and as always our comprehensive exhibition zone offers delegates access to the latest specialist services and products for the bridge market.
- Bridge collapses – inevitable or unacceptable? Learning lessons from catastrophe
- Structures standards – an update on the DMRB review
- Pecha Kucha innovation in bridge management
- Bridge Inspector Certification Scheme – an update on its introduction
- Photogrammetry for masonry condition recording and inspection
- Advanced sensors and modelling for next-generation bridge management
- Suicide prevention and the role of bridge engineering
- The importance of bridge inspections – we don’t know what we don’t know!
- Assuring the whole-life safety of bridge infrastructure
- The conservation of the world-famous Iron Bridge in Telford