Finalised programme announced
We would like to thank all our sponsors, partners and participating delegates for making the Bridges 2018 such a great success. Bookmark the page for details on the Bridges 2019 which takes place on Thursday 14th March 2019.
Over 400 attendees attended Bridges 2018 which featured a sold out exhibition. For 25 years, the Bridges conference has driven technical knowledge, debate and discussion at the heart of Europe's bridge community.
The 2018 conference delivered up-to-date information through a number of technical sessions and case studies. The annual event brought together some of the sharpest minds in the bridge sector to debate and discuss all the latest challenges and opportunities for bridge engineers and managers.
- Digital engineering to design, build, operate & maintain
- Virtual and remote inspection methods for bridges
- Seeking out scour quickly and safely – new bridge inspection system on trial in Cumbria
- Aerodynamic performance of the new Tintagel Bridge
- The Skytrain cable-stayed bridge on the Sydney Metro
- Bridges and climate change – carbon footprint and resilience
- Printed bridges – gimmick or game-changer?
Speaker panel included representatives from ADEPT National Bridges Group, Arcadis, Atkins, BAM, Bridge Owners Forum (BOF), Cowi, Cumbria CC, Delft Infracomposites, Devon CC, Exeter University, Gaist , Gloucestershire CC , Groeningen Province - The Netherlands, Hertfordshire CC, Highways England, Landscope Engineering, Rendel, Ringway Island Roads, RWDI, Taziker Industrial, University of Cambridge, Witteveen Bos, WSP and many more.
Bridges 2018 included
To download a copy of the Bridges 2018 brochure containing the updated programme and speaker listings click here.